Natural Health Resources Essiac Rejuvenation Tea (8 oz)
The release and publication of Nurse Rene Caisse's original recipe revealed 4 herbs were used. However, Rene Caisee actually used a 5th herb as well, which was known by her herb company's purchasing agent. After Caisse's death, the purchasing agent disclosed the unpublished formula to Natural Health Resources. This recipe included all the herbs, as well as the percentages, that were used to mix the 5 herb formula. This Essiac Tea from Natural Health Resources is made from organic herbs to match Caisse's last used formula and includes the whole sheep sorrel plant (roots, stems and leaves).
Ingredients include the original 5 herbs used in Essiac: Burdock Root, Cress, Rhubarb, Sheep Sorrel, and Slippery Elm.
Instructions to prepare Essiac tea:
1. Measure one quart (32 ounces) of purified or distilled water into a 2 quart non-aluminum pot (stainless steel, pyrex, corning).
2. Cover the pot and boil the water.
3. Add slightly less than 1/4 cup (three tablespoons) of dry tea to the pot of boiling water.
4. Stir dry tea into the boiling water and then cover the pot.
5. Reduce the heat so that the tea won't boil over and out of the pot.
6. Keep the tea boiling for at least 20 minutes.
7. After 20 minutes, cover the pot and let the tea steep (without fire) for 10 hours or overnight.
8. When done steeping, reheat the tea in the pot (do not bring to a boil) for a minute.
9. Pour the tea directly in a container (we recommend glass) for refrigerator storage. Half a pound of the tea should last several months for one person.
Based on Caisse’s formula, the correct dosage of Essiac tea is 1 fluid ounce (30 mL) diluted in 2 fluid ounces (60 mL) of hot water per day. In terms of time of day, the tea should be sipped at bedtime on an empty stomach, with no food eaten both one hour before and one hour after drinking the tea; with 'resting' intervals of perhaps one week off in every four in order to stimulate maximum efficacy of the tea. More is not better since it could cause the body to detoxify too rapidly.
- Do not use a microwave with natural products.
- The tea is more potent without straining out the herb bits. We DO NOT recommend straining the tea. If you do choose to strain, use a medium to fine mesh stainless steel strainer.
- You can drink the tea straight but it is much better with adding hot water as was recommended by Nurse Rene Caisse.
- For best maintenance and enjoyment, we recommend drinking one ounce, once a day, on a empty stomach.