Skin Brushing and Detoxification
Skin brushing is a highly effective technique for stimulating the expulsion of mucus and loosening other toxic matter that clogs the lymphatic system and the lymph nodes.
You will need to buy a natural bristle skin brush and use only on dry skin before you take a bath or shower.
Always brush toward your heart; and do not brush breasts, underarms or any sensitive areas or over broken skin.
- First brush the sole of one foot, then work up the front and back of the same leg and over your buttocks.
- Repeat on the other leg.
- Brush your hands and arms, starting at your fingertips. Brush the palm and back of your hands, then move up toward the armpits.
- Brush across your shoulders and as much of your back as you can reach.
- Brush your chest, working down towards your heart (women avoid breasts and nipples).
- Brush down your neck.
- Brush your stomach, always in a circular clockwise motion, which helps stimulate the colon.
- Brush until your skin feels warm, which should be around 5 minutes, but if you’re short on time, less will be fine.
- Afterwards you can take a sauna, or a hydrotherapy bath.
- Always wash your skin and skin brush in warm soapy water after you are done.